tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Groups - Intro Material for TA Guide (Rationale.html) uploaded

On 20/09/2007, Serm Kulvatunyou <serm@nist.gov> wrote:

> Re benefits.
>
> I'm uncomfortable with the relationship between coverage and mapping.
> Classic of a high level requirement which needs 23 tests. Shown in the
> coverage but has a one to many mapping, requirement to tests. Each test is
> independent, but the coverage of the requirement isn't complete until all 23
> have been run?
> Does this need stating? Possibly not, but it is implicit.
>

> Coverage analysis
>
> Define coverage goals for each section.
> Each section of what? The test suite? or the specification. Unclear as it
> stands.
>
> For each partition,
> is this a section?
>
> What percentage of assertions are covered by at least one test?
> Should this be requirements? In the requirements document?
>
> Need a way of making it clear which document is being spoken of.
>
> <serm> Is it possible that we are talking about 2 different but connected
> levels of coveraage - specification coverage by test assertions and test
> assertion coverage by tests (test cases). </serm>

Quite possibly. Since the vocabulary is clearly an issue could
we have a glossary please?

I was referring to spec coverage by test assertions.
N.B. This is the first time I've heard of 'test cases'. Another implied
assumption perhaps? Clearly different to my own!

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.