tag message

Subject: Re: Something like RDF and Structure for TAs

I may have got my RDF a bit wrong. Reading more about it I might
want my TAs to look like this:

<RDF
   xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
   xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
   xmlns:tag="http://www.some-tag-url/ta/";>
   <Description about="IssueDate">
     <tag:cardinality rdf:parseType="Resource">
       <rdf:value>minOccurs='1'</rdf:value>
       <tag:syntax rdf:resource="http://some-url-resolving-to-xml-schema"/>
     </tag:cardinality>
   </Description>
   <Description about="IssueDate">
     <tag:pattern rdf:parseType="Resource">
       <rdf:value>DDMMYYYY</rdf:value>
       <tag:syntax rdf:resource="http://some-url-resolving-to-date-syntax"/>
     </tag:pattern>
   </Description>
</RDF>

(I have no test assertion IDs, etc in there so those would need to be added.)

Again the separation is between IUT (Subject), predicate and object
but I'm still a bit unclear as to which is predicate and which is object.
What I am clearer about is that it makes sense to me to split what we
have called predicate into what RDF might call predicate and object
- in this example "pattern = 'DDMMYYYY' (with syntax X)" is split into
'pattern' and 'DDMMYYYY' (I think that's predicate and object respectively
and I maybe had them round the wrong way in my first posting) with 'syntax'
as separate again.

I guess further metadata could be added as further
siblings following 'syntax' - perhaps in a later stage as it is progressed
towards a test case.

e.g. if I had

<RDF
   xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
   xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
   xmlns:tag="http://www.some-tag-url/ta/";>
   <Description about="InvoiceUUID">
     <tag:cardinality rdf:parseType="Resource">
       <rdf:value>minOccurs='1'</rdf:value>
       <tag:syntax rdf:resource="http://some-url-resolving-to-xml-schema"/>
     </tag:cardinality>
   </Description>
   <Description about="InvoiceUUID">
     <tag:property rdf:parseType="Resource">
       <rdf:value>Is universally unique</rdf:value>
       <tag:rule
rdf:resource="http://some-rule-that-it-must-be-universally-unique"/>
     </tag:property>
   </Description>
</RDF>

a tool could add metadata such as something to say there can only
be falsification testing because there is no way to prove the UUID
is actually universally unique (say, as an md:comment somewhere
after the tag:rule).

-Steve