tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] Prior Art - wiki updated - notes attached

Great - did not have time to send you much on this, but will use my 10mn
slot for a quick review of the TA structure in WS-I and what the group
is up to for the coming new versions of the test tools.
Roughly:
In WS-I, Tas are roughly structured as:

1- "Entry type", meaning the type of target being considered (can be
fine-grained, e.g. a message SOAP envelope, a subsection of the WSDL
file)
2-  "context", that has the semantics of a qualifier/precondition for
the target or entry.
3- "assertion", that is the test expression, which is worded as a
boolean expression in full english.
4- possibly, some ref to pre-requisite Tas (kind of semantic extension
of the "context")
5- other miscellaneous, like collateral "Entry types" in case the
assertion expression needs to correlate with external material of
different type from the main Entry type. (e.g. WSDL file, to match with
an Entry type = SOAP message).

The trend in WS-I is now to express Tas that wwill be directly
executable/processable... given the full XML environment.  E.g.
expressions in the TA will be written in Xpath, and all input material
is supposed to be consolidated in a single XML log file.

Jacques