tag message

Subject: New Proof of Concept Representation in RDF

A proof of concept (yet another one, sorry) of an RDF representation of
test assertions modeled on the test assertion anatomy:

* It includes TA IDs and Spec Refs

e.g. <rdf:Description rdf:ID="ta-001" ta:SpecRef="001">

* It includes target and predicate (predicate split into property and value)

e.g. <rdf:Description
rdf:about="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.Details/";
my-ta1:SchemaValidity="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsdrt/maindoc/UBL-Invoice-1.0.xsd"/>

Target = rdf:about="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.Details/";
Predicate property = my-ta1:SchemaValidity (defined as a Property in RDF)
Predicate value =
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsdrt/maindoc/UBL-Invoice-1.0.xsd

So in this case the prose equivalent would be along the lines of
<rdf:Description
rdf:about="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.Details/";>is valid against
schema
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsdrt/maindoc/UBL-Invoice-1.0.xsd</rdf:Description>

Does not (yet) include
* qualifiers/prerequisites
* classifications of targets (maybe using OWL?)

I'm not sure how semantically valid this RDF is but it is syntactically valid.

Again, I'm not suggesting we use RDF but it seems a worthwhile exercise
to me to test the anatomy with it (for some scalability assurance, etc).
Plus it demonstrates how RDF could be used by those wishing to do so
(after all RDF does seem to embody some of the concepts such as predicates,
classification of subjects/targets, etc). Maybe a look too at OWL later.

[Note: The OASIS mail archive adds some ';' characters which will need
removing to get valid XML from example below]

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#";
xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";
xmlns:my-ta1="http://example.org/#example1";
xmlns:my-ta2="http://example.org/#example2";
xmlns:ta="http://example.org/#ta-schema"; xml:base="http://example.org/";>
	<rdfs:Property rdf:about="http://example.org/#example1SchemaValidity";
rdfs:label="my-ta1:SchemaValidity" rdfs:comment="The subject is valid
against the schema which is the object."/>
	<rdfs:Property rdf:about="http://example.org/#example2Contains";
rdfs:label="my-ta2:Contains" rdfs:comment="The subject is a container
which contains the object."/>
	<rdfs:Property rdf:about="http://example.org/#SpecRef";
rdfs:label="ta:SpecRef" rdfs:comment="The subject relates to this
specification normative reference."/>
	<rdfs:Resource rdf:about="http://example.org/#Assertion";
rdfs:label="ta:Assertion" rdfs:comment="A test assertion of a
normative statement whose object is a test assertion target."/>
	<rdf:Description rdf:ID="ta-001" ta:SpecRef="001">
		<ta:Assertion>
			<rdf:Description
rdf:about="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.Details/";
my-ta1:SchemaValidity="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsdrt/maindoc/UBL-Invoice-1.0.xsd"/>
		</ta:Assertion>
	</rdf:Description>
	<rdf:Description rdf:ID="ta-002" ta:SpecRef="002">
		<ta:Assertion>
			<rdf:Description
rdf:about="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.Details/";
my-ta2:Contains="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.IssueDate.Date/"/>