tag message

Subject: Improved Re: [tag] New Proof of Concept Representation in RDF

Modifying it yet again! This shows how getting RDF right isn't exactly
straightforward, simple though RDF might seem, yet it is certainly
possible, eventually, to write a proper test assertion with it, as below:

  * target (which, in the example, is shared between the two assertions)
  e.g.
    <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.Details/";> ...

  * Test Assertion ID and Spec Ref
  e.g.
    <ta:Assertion><rdf:Description rdf:ID="ta-001" ta:SpecRef="001" ...
    (Specification reference needing a new namespace)

  * predicate ('predicate', in the RDF sense, split into property and value)
  e.g.
   <ta:Assertion>
    <rdf:Description ...
my-ta1:SchemaValidity="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsdrt/maindoc/UBL-Invoice-1.0.xsd"/>
   </ta:Assertion>
   where
   * Predicate property = my-ta1:SchemaValidity (defined as a Property in RDF)
   * Predicate value = RDF object =
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsdrt/maindoc/UBL-Invoice-1.0.xsd

In this case, using prose instead would be along the lines of this:

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.Details/";>
    <ta:Assertion>
      <rdf:Description rdf:ID="ta-001" ta:SpecRef="001">is valid
against schema
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsdrt/maindoc/UBL-Invoice-1.0.xsd</rdf:Description>
    </ta:Assertion>
  </rdf:Description>

The complete example is below and the graph and a zipped .rdf file are
attached

[Note: The OASIS mail archive adds some ';' characters which will need
removing to get valid XML from example below]

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#";
xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";
xmlns:my-ta1="http://example.org/#example1";
xmlns:my-ta2="http://example.org/#example2";
xmlns:ta="http://example.org/#ta-schema"; xml:base="http://example.org/";>
	<rdfs:Property rdf:about="http://example.org/#example1SchemaValidity";
rdfs:label="my-ta1:SchemaValidity" rdfs:comment="The subject is valid
against the schema which is the object."/>
	<rdfs:Property rdf:about="http://example.org/#example2Contains";
rdfs:label="my-ta2:Contains" rdfs:comment="The subject is a container
which contains the object."/>
	<rdfs:Property rdf:about="http://example.org/#SpecRef";
rdfs:label="ta:SpecRef" rdfs:comment="The object is a specification
normative reference from which the subject is derived."/>
	<rdfs:Resource rdf:about="http://example.org/#Assertion";
rdfs:label="ta:Assertion" rdfs:comment="The object is a test assertion
of a normative statement about the subject."/>
	<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.Details/";>
		<ta:Assertion>
			<rdf:Description rdf:ID="ta-001" ta:SpecRef="001"
my-ta1:SchemaValidity="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsdrt/maindoc/UBL-Invoice-1.0.xsd"/>
		</ta:Assertion>
		<ta:Assertion>
			<rdf:Description rdf:ID="ta-002" ta:SpecRef="002"
my-ta2:Contains="http://example.org/#ubl1/Invoice.IssueDate.Date/"/>
		</ta:Assertion>
	</rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>