tag message

Subject: comments on TAG 0.4

Comments on TAG draft 0.4

1.  Please add Tim Boland (NIST) to list of Contributors.  Serm
Kulvatunyou is no longer at NIST

2.  Abstract:  "...mandatory and optional components..."
Perhaps we need a conformance clause to explain that if you want to
implement the guideline and create a TA then you need to implement
the 'mandatory' components.

3.  Section 1.3 Coverage Analysis
What is the relationship between the TA and coverage?  I have lots of
problems with this section - it seems more about test suites and test
than TAs.  Much of what is here relates coverage and test
suites.  Typically, if you don't have the TAs, you don't have
tests.  What would help is a statement of what this section is trying
to achieve (relate).

4.  Contradiction? - Sec 1.1 What is a Test Assertion and  Section
called Testability
In Sec. 1.1 "...Each is an independent testable statement..." and
"sometimes an assertion is included which is not testable"
It seems that we define TA to be testable and then say it sometimes
isn't testable.
Also, in Testability  "The test assertion should be testable".
So, is a TA testable or not. I believe that the whole purpose of
writing the TA is that it is testable.

regards
Lynne