tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Re: Namespaces, pseudo- and real

Thinking some more: I think the word 'namespace'
does well describe the semantics. Take this
article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namespace_(computer_science)
The fact there is such an article shows the usage
is well known.

If however the word 'context' is preferred, in view of
desire to reserve the word 'namespace' for XML meanings,
then maybe Context_UUID is better. Then TA_Id need
not be a UUID. It can be unique to the context (namespace)
and when combined with a unique context_UUID it
becomes universally unique.

Maybe this is for the section on TA_Id in the guidelines
perhaps as merely a matter of qualifying how a TA_Id
can be made universally unique: split it into Id and
namespace [alias context UUID] and combine the two in
a reference from any other namespace/context.

--
Stephen D. Green

Partner
SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk