tag message

Subject: Prior art reference for ADL

Hi everyone,

     I had an AI to 'fill-out' the prior-art reference to ADL:

Assertion Definition Language (ADL) is a language allowing the automatic
generation of test suites; Open Group, (1995 - 2007)
http://adl.opengroup.org/

We considered many aspects of ADL, as it describes an interesting formal
encoding of assertion logic, and a system for processing this logic
automatically into tests (and test description).  To some degree, this
is the ultimate goal of specification analysis.  We felt that ADL did
not become popular because of the skill required to encode written
specifications into ADL, and the skills required to maintain the encoded
specs (including re-analysis) when specification revisions occurred.