tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] time for voting a committee draft

We discussed schedules at Wednesday's meeting. We agreed that we should do a Public Review (which of course implies that we would need to vote on a Committee Draft). However, we also said that we wanted to take up the offer from Sun of having a professional writer review the document. This would imply another round before we move to Public Review, but it seems from the process document that you quote below that this wouldn't be a problem - we could vote and approve a second Committee Draft after polishing up the language.

I'll post minutes soon.

Durand, Jacques R. wrote:
0D4373E9E1236F42AB63FD6B5B306AA3931B1E@SV-EXCHANGE.fjcs.net" type="cite">
All:

I believe it is time to vote a Committee Draft.

"The TC may at any stage during development of a specification approve the specification as a Committee Draft. The approval of a Committee Draft shall require a Full Majority Vote of the TC. The TC may approve a specification, revise it, and re-approve it any number of times as a Committee Draft."

Does not need to be in a final shape. But mature and stable enough to refer to it publicly.
The advantage in doing this, we give some visibility to our latest draft, and some standing in the TC after beeing voted CD.
That is increasingly necessary if we want to be able to refer to it in other works or groups.
I am myself in the situation where I am using TAG design for another work and need now to reference TAG document in this other work. Otherwise there might be confusion who is using whose work...

Full majority means 50%+ of all voting members. If we have this qorum at next meeting (Wed 29) I'd submit the draft for vote, although I'd do that only after getting feedback from the K-TAG forum.
Otherwise we can start a 1-week electronic ballot.

So for this CD vote, we should make sure to have a CD-candidate version of the draft by end of next week.
Stephen: this means that only the following changes need be made: (a) purely editorial ones, at your discretion, (b) technical changes that the TC has already agreed on, or we have clearly a consensus on.
By posting the candidate CD latest by Friday 24, we give  a chance to the TC to catch any glaring flaw by Monday, where we would expect our editor (you) to post a corrected version by Tuesday just before Wed meeting...

This CD may contain the figures we have been talking about, if anyone has time to craft these.

The next step is the really important one: Committee Specification, which would require some public review prior to vote.

Thanks,
Jacques