tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Groups - Test Assertions Guidelines draft 0.9.9.8(TestAssertionsGuidelines-draft-0-9-9-8.doc) uploaded

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for this revision - overall, it is looking more complete!

Earlier, discussing changes to section 3.7 with Jacques, I was
expressing concern that we were not defining 'profiles' very well.
Since this is a concept that is important for both Multiple
Specifications (3.7) and Dimensions of Variability (3.6.1), I think
perhaps we should define this in the glossary.

Here is a glossary definition coming from W3C
(http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/) - some of our contributors should
be intimately familiar with this  :-)

"profile
    A subset of a technology that is tailored to meet specific
functional requirements of a particular application community."

This is rather general, but it will probably suit our discussions
sufficiently.

Regards,
Kevin L