tag message

Subject: Test assertion set and Grouping section in guidelines

I will move the greater calls diagram from appendix B of the
1.0.7 guidelines document to follow Figure 4 in section 3.2.
To introduce the more complex diagram I propose to add this
text (before the diagram which will be Figure 5).

"A more complete test assertion would include the model
components shown in Figure 5. This class diagram is not
the only way to represent the features of test assertions
specified in these guidelines but illustrates a more complete
implementation, beyond the minimum shown in the previous
figure. For discussion of the more advanced features shown
in Figure 5 see the following section, Section 4. In particular,
the Test Assertion Set is one way to represent some of the
concepts of grouping described in section 4.6."

I propose then extending the second paragraph in Section 4.6 of
the guidelines to mention test assertion sets. (This precedes
the subsection about lists.)

"A special kind of grouping is the container of all test assertions
which belong to a particular specification or profile. The container
may be the specification document itself if it includes the test
assertions to be associated with it. One way to contain test
assertions is with a Test Assertion Set (see Figure 5). Such a
construct may be used to group any number of test assertions
for any purpose, not only as a container for all test assertions
for the specification or profile. A test assertion set may group
test assertions sharing a common test assertion part such as
prerequisite. Figure 5 illustrates the sharing of parts by such a
set."

---
Stephen D Green