tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Conformance Clause update suggested

In (a).3 and (b).4 I'd be more comfortable with
referring to 'normative statements' than to 'best
practises'. (That way I think we'd be keeping in
line with our own guidelines.) The concept that
comes to mind for me when speaking of 'best
practise' is one of non-normative practise that
just happens to lead to a good outcome - it
seems to me to actually *contrast* with the
concept of a 'normative statement'. Normative
seems to me to mean standard whereas 'best
practise' suggests aspects within dimensions
of variability which are found to work well but
which can be changed if circumstances change
in favour of better practises. I don't feel 'best
practise' fits all that well with 'conformance'.

Best regards
---
Stephen D Green