tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] namespace issues still - One More Thing

Stephen, you need to decide quickly whether you want the namespace to be
usable with RDF for making what are called CURIEs.  [Sorry, another one of
those things in my job jar for a long time and this exchange just kicked it
loose.)

This is accomplished by ending the namespace URI with "/" or, if that
doesn't work with the redirector that OASIS will use for it, or -- my
recommendation -- put "#" as the last character of the namespace URI.  (The
# is not seen by a redirector - fragment IDs are not passed to servers as
far as I can tell - but it is needed in the formal namespace URI because one
with and one without # are different according to the XML Namespace
specification.  Likewise with and without a terminal "/".)

It doesn't mean you have to do anything about RDF in TAML.  This is simply a
valuable tweak so that people could make RDF about TAML-marked-up XML
documents, refer to TAML "concepts" in RDF, etc.  This is a highly-valuable
thing to do.

You would have to change the Namespace name in the current schema and also
anyplace the namespace URI is mentioned in the documents.

(It also means that, if you chose to, you could add specific information on
the Namespace page at OASIS about the fragments (i.e., URIs) that are also
defined/reserved for use this way under the authority of the TAML
specification.  I wouldn't worry about that in this round.  What's nice is
it can be purely additive later and does not require Namespace revision if
the policy for TAML is to allow additions that preserve backward
compatibility.)