tag message

Subject: TAG TC 2010-06-09 Meeting Minutes

Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC Teleconference Meeting

Logistics:
----------

Wednesday 2pm (PDT), 21:00Z, 9 June 2010

Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806
Passcode: 9589308

Attendance and Quorum
---------------------

MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

5/5 Voting Members attending: 3/5 requirement for quorum was satisfied

 * Jacques Durand, Chair (Fujitsu)
 * Dennis Hamilton, Secretary (Individual)
 * Frederick Boland (NIST)
 * Kevin Looney (Oracle)
 * Paul Rank (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (5)]

MEMBERS ABSENT

   Dale Moberg (Axway Software)
   Youngkon Li (Individual)
   Kyoung_Rog Yi (National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea)
 = Patrick Curran (Oracle)
   Dmitry Kostovarov, (Oracle)
   Victor Rudometov, (Oracle)
   Hyunbo Cho (Pohang University of Science & Technology)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (0)
  =: Persistent non-Voting Member at start and conclusion of meeting (1)]

APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
  <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201005/msg00019.html>
  The 2010-05-27 Meeting Minutes were approved without objection

APPROVAL OF AGENDA
  <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201006/msg00001.html>
  The agenda was taken up after brief discussion, no action

ACTION ITEMS

  AI1-June9: [Jacques] Revise the components on JIRA and add list of
versions that can be used in the Applies Version and Fix Version pull-downs
on JIRA.

  AI2-June9: [Jacques] Create an issue on the Normative Source Structure and
how we propose to simplify it.

  AI1-May25: [All] Review the direction taken in TA Model CD01-rev02 in
preparation for approving the updated conformance section and the approach
to providing semantics in the TA Model on the next call (tbd after June 8).

  AI2-May25: [Jacques] will upload a more-complete version of TAML showing
the RelaxNG usage.

  AI3-May25: [Jacques] upload an update of the TA Model draft

  AI4-May25: [All] Look over Normative Source and RefSourceItems,
TextSourceItems, DerivedSourceItems for Section 3, how semantics are placed,
and how the changes are working before Jacques continues in a week.

  AI5-May25: [Jacques] Determine workable call time and date for the first
call in June.

  AI1-May11: [Jacques] check with Patrick Curran about when his leave
ends

  AI2-May11: *Done* [Jacques] create a standing "TAG Promotion" item in the
agenda

  AI1-Apr27: [Dennis] to investigate "Compact" RelaxNG for our Markup
syntax.  [Jacques finds this tutorial:
http://www.relaxng.org/compact-tutorial-20030326.html]
  [Dennis since found a compact form used in a W3C specification, adding it
to TAG-4, http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201005/msg00014.html]

  AI2-Apr27: *Done* [Jacques] to check the JIRA page, possible
re-configuration,
add Dennis as authorized user.

  AI1-Mar30: [Jacques] follow-up with Dave P. on his comments, to make sure
we address them correctly.

  AI3-Mar30: [Jacques] Contact W3C test team to remind them of PR, calling
for comments.

  AI4-Mar30: [Kevin] Contact Oracle internally to confirm they know about
the PR (folks who contacted him)

  AI5-Mar30: [Dennis] Investigate RDF possible representation for the TA
Model. (ontologies / OWL?)

 1. REVIEW TA Model Draft Updates (posted 5/24, along lines in 5/5 email
proposal)
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=37943>
These are implemented partially in response to TAG-1 and TAG-6:
<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAG-1>
<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAG-6>
Our current disposition is documented in comments on those issues.

Jacques noticed that we have no provision for a description of the role of a
TA in the Test Assertion.  Jacques proposes to add it to the updates on the
model and on the markup.  (There is no JIRA issue for this.)

Jacques also noticed that the Normative Source Structure is a complex
element and it may be too heavy.  He proposes that we look at it as a new
issue.  The Reference Source item seems to have superfluous content, since
it is a reference to the source, not the source.

Jacques is also a little uneasy about the Derived Source and all of this
variation and redundancy.  More to look at.

The Shared element can over-ride some aspects of a re-used element and this
leads to a conflict-resolution mechanism and ability to select it.  Jacques
requests that we review all of that as he continues to make updates along
the lines discussed today.

 2. Review TA Markup Draft Updates (5/25 and 6/7, along lines in 5/4 email
proposal)
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=37970>
These are implemented partially in response to TAG-1, TAG-2 (linked above),
plus TAG-3, and TAG-4:
<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAG-3>
<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TAG-4>
Our current disposition is documented in comments on those issues also.

TAML Section 3.3 has been renamed Outcome of the Test Assertion, because the
semantics of test assertions are with the parts in the TA Model.  This is a
collateral change to go with the semantic updates that are predominant in
the TA Model and not in the TA Markup specification.

3. JIRA Issue Tracker
We discussed the identification of components and the need to differentiate
components from versions that issues apply to and versions that a fix is
expected in.  Some further adjustment needs to be made by Jacques as JIRA
Project Leader.

With regard to current JIRA issues, we agreed that TAG-7 and TAG-8 are to be
deferred beyond the current specifications.

4. Next Public Review Plans
Jacques reviewed the need to create diffs with the old drafts and new drafts
taken to the next Public Review.  We are looking at having complete working
drafts for our own approval at the end of June, with internal review in July
and vote as CDs for additional Public Review in early August.  This would be
a 15-day second review against the changes.

5. Identifying TA Model Implementers
Jacques observes that NIST may be the third, along with OASIS SCA and WS-I.

6. NEXT MEETING
The next call will be on WEDNESDAY June 23.  For most of July, Jacques will
be on vacation and we will have that time to review the revisions and
discuss on the list.

Respectfully submitted,

 - Dennis E. Hamilton