tag message

Subject: Public Review Comment disposition

All:

In today’s meeting we reviewed the public comment below and decided of the following disposition (note: as this was at least the 3rd public review for TAG, we did not expect many comments this time – all previous comments being addressed).

Comment from: David A Green

“Whilst I understand that the process and examples are almost entirely text based, it would, in my opinion, have been helpful to include a line drawing or similar of the widget with red button showing the properties and dimensions given in the example. “

Disposition: the TC found this a good comment that would help improve the understanding of our T.A.Guidelines committee note. However the TC decided to implement it only in the next revision of the Guidelines and to keep progressing the current revision to a Committee Note ballot, for the following reasons:

- the comment concerns just the “T.A.Guidelines” (which is not a specification but a note), and is not considered critical.

- the TC would like the Guidelines to be available and approved as a CN at the time the two other specifications (model and markup) are progressed further on OASIS standard track (i.e. in Standard review).

Regards,

Jacques

Whilst I understand that the process and examples are almost entirely text based, it would, in my opinion, have been helpful to include a line drawing or similar of the widget with red button showing the properties and dimensions given in the example.

David Green

Weston-s-Mare

UK