tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] review needed for the latest upload of WD3 TA guidelines

I believe "Conformance Target" is nomenclature from the OASIS Conformance Guidelines.  It would be useful to review those, since OASIS Standard Conformance statements are supposed to make it clear what the Conformance Targets are and which target a conformance clause pertains to.

It may be useful to determine whether there is any guidance about relating to that in how TA Guidelines are applied.  The Guidelines don't have Conformance Targets, but they might refer to Conformance Targets in the context of application of the TA Model.

[I haven't checked this out -- I just noticed the consideration that may be needed.]

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: tag@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tag@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jacques Durand
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 19:37
To: TAG TC List

See the diffs (let me know if you want the PDF instead of OOffice) in the latest WD3 update (posted a few minutes ago).

In particular, the issue reported by Kevin about the definition of “Normative Statement”: I suggest to remove the unnecessary (an inappropriate I would say) mention of “Conformance Target” which calls again for an additional definition. (Now, we also have the same Normative Statement def in the TA model… ). See the proposed updated def, which would also remove the issue.

Thanks,

-jacques