tamie-comment message

Subject: RE: [tamie-comment] catch/@tryfor with negative duration

Mmmh…  we never considered that case. Intuitively, a “timeout” (to be counted from a given VP-time), is always “in the future”, i.e. positive @tryfor. At minimum it is =0. If you want to catch events in the past (in live execution or not) you can always express this in the <match> condition, setting some past date relative from current VP-time whatever it is (using var $currentvpt).

-jacques

From: Marius Plavan [mailto:marius.edtf@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2011 4:22 AM
To: tamie-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi all,

I had to do some conversions from an ISO8601 (xsd:dayTimeDuration) to Java String and back.
During this task I saw that the specified ISO8601 duration value can be also "negative", when prefixed with '-' ( http://www.schemacentral.com/sc/xsd/t-xsd_dayTimeDuration.html ).

Given that @tryfor may be converted using xsd:dayTimeDuration (in the XTemp translator), should a negative duration be allowed?

Thanks,
Marius