tamie message

Subject: comments from Steve G.

We’ll need to address these comments from Steve (comment list):

(before next meeting Apr 26)

-jacques

Greetings TaMIE TC

Re the latest XTemp draft voted as committee spec draft 01: please see attached

pair of schema updates - for XTemp and for Event Model

In the same zip file are some of the fragments from the CSD01 draft spec with a

few changes which seem to be necessary to match with the relaxNG definitions

in the same spec (and with the attached schema files which I hope match the spec

definitions too).

A few comments:

1. it seems there is no place in the XTemp definitions in the spec for

'xtemp:mask'

2. the variable now has consistent definitions throughout but now the

'expr' has to

be moved into an eval element inside the var, e.g. for variable 'a'

with value '1':

The same goes for xtemp:if it seems if it produces an effect in which

is a number:

the content of the 'if' does not allow mixed content so there is a

need to place the

literal value inside an eval/@expr e.g. for value 1 put <eval

expr="1"/> inside 'if'.

3. there is an example showing a 'lg' attribute for xtemp:condition

but it isn't in the

definition

4. there is an example showing a 'event' attribute in 'catch but it

only has 'eboard'

in the definition, I think

5. many examples show catch without any attributes but the spec, I

think, says it

has a mandatory 'tryfor' attribute (type duration which requires an

update to one

of the complete examples in the spec).

Some other changes might be needed to examples which I think I cover in the

attached files.

I hope you can use the updates to the schema and that they match the spec well.

Maybe if there is little certainty of the schema matching the RelaxNG

definitions

(there is some risk of dicrepancy, I think) then the schema might need to be

removed from the spec in favour of the specified definitions.

Hopefully they match.

Overall the schema is much simpler though and easier, I think, to understand.

Best regards and congratulations at the good progress

Steve