tax-tasc message

Subject: Welcome

Welcome to all those who have joined the TASC during the last week or
so. We seem to be achieving something resembling critical mass...

As we discussed during the tele-conf, the TASC will largely be taking
its cue from the BASC, and that necessarily means there is some lag-time
before the BASC starts producing results we can get our teeth into. In
the meantime, therefore, I think it will be worth us beginning to consider
the sorts of technologies, standards, techniques, approaches, etc that
may be appropriate to our work.

Glenda has already kindly agreed to put up a straw-man architectural
model for discussion at the TASC session in Amsterdam, but I thought it
might be useful for individuals who have knowledge of particular standards
or technologies to spend maybe 10 - 20 minutes introducing the subject and
setting it in the taxation context.

Seeing as we're in a city full of XBRL experts it shouldn't be too hard
to persuade Walter or one of the other XBRLers to contribute. And how
about Peter updating us on the TaxML work in Microsoft? I'd also like,
if possible to solicit "presentations" on UBL/ebXML, the OAGIS architecture
and component model, and the existing OECD STF inter-agency transfer Schema.
Presentations on any other relevant topics are also welcomed.

Do we have any volunteers for any of these?

	Andy
--

Andy Greener                         Mob: +44 7836 331933
GID Ltd, Reading, UK                 Tel: +44 118 956 1248