tax message

Subject: RE: [tax] XBRL Conference - Events of interest to OASIS Tax TC

Walter,

During the last OSIS meeting in Toronto it was decided to create a new
subcommitte. No definite name yet. But XBRL would be the prime target. The
members of the subcommittee decided to have their first meeting in Seatle.
Eric Cohen offered to get in touch with the conference organisers to see if
a meetingroom could be found. We think such a subcommitte could streamline
the communication between OASIS tax-xml and XBRL international.

Harm Jan van Burg

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: walter@hamscher.com [mailto:walter@hamscher.com]
Verzonden: vrijdag 17 oktober 2003 11:45
Aan: tax@lists.oasis-open.org

Those of you with an interest in XBRL as a payload standard for use within
tax reporting systems, and more broadly, for tax data collection withing
filers' organisations, might consider our upcoming conference of interest.

It's in Seattle the week of November 3rd, and here are some specific
sessions (it is possible to attend all days, or individual days -- see the
site www.xbrl.org/seattle for further details):

Monday (Tutorials):

* Taxonomy and instance creation

* Developer training on Specification 2.1

* Tutorial on XBRL-GL (closely related to SAF and more broadly usable for
tax consolidation).

Tuesday (Public Day):

* Plenary session with

  Dave Odell (CFO Hyperion)

  Susan Strausberg (CEO EDGAR Online)

  Tim Bray (co-author XML, CTO Antarctica Systems)

* Software shoot-out - a friendly competition among XBRL tool vendors!

Wendesday (Special Interest Sessions):

* Internal Reporting

* Financial Services and Regulatory Reporting

* Implementing XBRL in Products

Also, we have a Candidate Recommendation for XBRL 2.1 posted on our site at
www.xbrl.org;

the quick link is here:
http://www.xbrl.org/newsandevents/announcedetails.asp?newsid=8

Thanks -w

Walter Hamscher | Chair, XBRL International Steering Committee | Consultant
to PricewaterhouseCoopers

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tax/members/leave_workgroup.php
.

`Externe E-Mail wordt door het Ministerie van Financien niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Ministry of Finance are given in good faith but shall not be binding nor shall they be construed as constituting any obligation on the part of The Ministry of Finance.`