tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] UNITED NATIONS LATEST eGOV SURVEY

John

I know the UN team that manages this survey, and will reach out to them.

When the last report was published two years ago, CS Transform then published a white paper comparing the UN measure of e-gov success (which basically measures “what you can see” in terms of the volume and quality of the e-gov output of a country) with various other variables (GDP, GDP per head, level of technology adoption in the country more broadly etc.)  And as part of that, we developed a new measure of our own of “e-government governance” which aimed to “look under the hood” of a country’s e-government strategy.  It did so by measuring the maturity of their governance processes for business management, customer management, channel management and  technology management – ie what has now become the TGF framework.  And the result was fascinating: our regression analysis found that the single most important variable impacting on a country’s performance in the UK league table was the extent to which it deploys the sort of governance best practices recommended by TGF – stronger even than national wealth, which you’d think intuitively might be the biggest differentiator.

I’ll see if we can find the resources to refresh that analysis in the light of the UN’s new data set.  Our original white paper pre-dated TGF, but if we could update it (and assuming the results are similar), this could be a powerful message.

Chris Parker

Managing Partner, CS Transform

+44 7951 754060

From: tgf@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tgf@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of John Borras
Sent: 09 March 2012 10:42
To: 'TGF TC List'
Subject: [tgf] UNITED NATIONS LATEST eGOV SURVEY

Thanks to Colin for these links.

UN Survey - http://www2.unpan.org/egovkb/global_reports/12report.htm

Related article - http://www.fiercegovernmentit.com/story/e-gov-should-emphasize-integrated-services-says-un/2012-03-04

The messages in the survey all support the TGF approach and perhaps we should develop some publicity of our work and how it supports these messages?

Another thought, does anyone have any contacts within the UN unit that does this survey?  Perhaps we could get them to “acknowledge” our work as being supportive of the messages?

John