tgf message

Subject: FW: [chairs] Gentle reminder to all TCs regarding acknowledging comments during your feedback

For information.  I don't think we are guilty of this but will ensure that
we acknowledge all comments in future.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Chet Ensign [mailto:chet.ensign@oasis-open.org]
Sent: 28 March 2012 23:47
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Laurent Liscia; Scott McGrath
Subject: [chairs] Gentle reminder to all TCs regarding acknowledging
comments during your feedback

Chairs,

Just a short etiquette reminder that I ask you to share with members of your
Technical Committees as appropriate.

Lately I have received some complaints from people who took the time to
provide comments during public reviews only to have their offerings
seemingly disappear into the electronic void.

The OASIS TC Process places only the most minimal of obligations on TCs
regarding the handling of comments however it does say in section 3.2,
Public Review of a Committee Draft that "The TC must acknowledge the receipt
of each comment..."

Please, if you do nothing else, acknowledge and thank those who take the
time to send you comments. It may be easiest if one TC member is tasked with
the responsibility of processing comments back in to the TC, including
acknowledging receipt. But however you do it, if someone makes the effort to
provide you with feedback, it is just common courtesy to let them know that
their comments have been received.

Thanks & best regards,

/chet
Chet Ensign