tgf message

Subject: RE: ARABIC

Carol

If we're going to advertise like that we might want to widen the call to other languages beyond Arabic.  We're getting a French translation done now courtesy of the Belgian Finance Ministry but we've talked about other languages, eg German, Dutch, Spanish.  How far can we push this do you think?  If we'd be aright with widening the call I'll get an agreed priority list of languages from TC members.

For this exercise I don't think we'd be asking for all of our material to be translated, just a sub-set of it to keep it simple and not onerous for any volunteers.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: 20 April 2012 14:53
To: John Borras

The best I could suggest would be to post an article in the next OASIS News, to the TGF homepage, and to our LinkedIn Group, FB, Twitter along the lines of:

OASIS seeks volunteer to translate documents on Transformation Government standards from English to Arabic. Transformational Government is a shift from e-Gov that fundamentally redefines the relationship between the public sector and users of public services.
Interested translators should contact johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk

Should we try that?

~Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen