tgf message

Subject: FW: As promised at the last TC call...CHAMPS2 Business Change Method

Thanks Andy.  Very interesting but two things strike me having read the material.  First it makes no claims to being a citizen-centric driven transformation method, and second it puts organization change very much at the heart of the method.  Two very important aspects that the TGF disagrees with.  Having said that I don’t think we want to go head-to-head with them.  It should be more about how do we align theirs with ours.  If Champs2 is a “method” and the TGF is a “framework” how do these two things fit together?  Perhaps that’s what the Socitm workshop needs to focus on.

Views please from everybody.

John

From: Andy Hopkirk [mailto:andy.hopkirk@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 June 2012 11:28
To: John Borras

John,

Please pass on to the TGF e-mail list.

Thanks,

Andy

As promised at the last TC call...some information about....CHAMPS2 Business Change Method

  • The text below is lifted from the community/information website homepage at http://www.champs2.info/ (look at the embeded links first to get the overview)
  • The full detail of all the processes, templates etc. is only viewable if you register on the website - all free, Creative Commons licensed
  • APMG are offering training and certification in the method
  • I understand City of Sydney are using it and there's >1000 persons registered on the website. I can find out more if necessary.

Because it is a 'method', it's a candidate to be part of wider 'frameworks', such as TGF? If so, where might it fit most naturally?

Andy

CHAMPS2 Business Change Method  (http://www.champs2.info/)

CHAMPS2 is a vision led, benefits driven business transformation method which is broad in scope and encompasses the whole business change journey. It helps you define your organisation's strategic needs, and then provides a tailored route to ensure that the desired outcomes are achieved.

What can CHAMPS2 do for you?

  • Reduce risk and cost by providing clear guidance, tools and techniques
  • Provide a common language for programme teams and stakeholder across all change initiatives
  • Deliver tailored methods to fit all sizes of projects or programmes
  • Give leadership control through comprehensive gateway processes
  • Build internal change management capability within your organisation.

Where should you start?

  • If you are new to CHAMPS2, read the White Paper introducing CHAMPS2 (PDF)
  • The CHAMPS2 overview explains the approach and eight phases
  • For the full business transformation method, complete a free registration and then go to the process guide in our Knowledge Centre
  • The CHAMPS2 Book is available from APMG-Business Books and other online book retailers (ISBN 9780117068674).