tgf message

Subject: RE: [tgf] Fw: OASIS TGF TC - 16th OCTOBER MEETING PAPERS

Thanks to Chris for his edits.  I've cut this into the CN template as WD03 attached.  I've excluded the Notes columns in the tables as they do seem to be unnecessary.

It would be good, unless there are any major objections, if we could approve this draft for Public Review on our call tomorrow.  I do think we need some feedback from the outside world on the value and content of this CN so getting this out without too much more head-scratching on our part should be the approach IMO.

John

On Tue, 14/10/14, Chris Parker <chris.parker@cstransform.com> wrote:

 To: "John Borras" <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>, "TGF TC List" <tgf@lists.oasis-open.org>
 Date: Tuesday, 14 October, 2014, 14:24

 Dear all  I attach a version of Nig’s
 paper with some suggested changes marked up in revisions
 mode.  Basically, I have done two
 things:  ·
 Topped
 and tailed Nig’s text, with a short intro section (to
 explain why you might want to read the document and how it
 is structured) and a conclusion (prompted by Colin’s
 suggestions).·
 Expanded the cross-references in
 the tables so they give the whole pattern name, not just its
 number (so that the reader does not need to keep referring
 back to the diagram to see what we’re talking
 about).  I had also planned to draft a
 sentence or so on each pattern to go in the ‘notes’
 section of the table, explaining briefly why it was relevant
 to the IoT characteristic being discussed.  But in the end
 I have abandoned the attempt – because my explanations
 were either so short that they added little to that which is
 implicit in the pattern title, or were starting to get so
 long that the combined effect was excessive.  Maybe others
 could come up with pithier one-liners for each pattern than
 I’ve managed to.  If not, my thinking is that we should
 simply delete the ‘notes’ columns from the tables.  I
 think that Nig’s intro text above each table, coupled with
 the expanded cross-references to named patterns, is enough
 to show why the TGF is relevant without duplicating the
 TGF.  Looking forward to the call on
 Thursday.  Regards,      Chris ParkerManaging PartnerCS Transform Limitedwww.cstransform.comT: +44 7951 754060F: +44 207 681 3908  Citizen Service
 Transformation