Subject: [tm-pubsubj-comment] RE: [tm-pubsubj] global UDDI registry

Bernard Vatant:
> All that lets me wondering ... in a nutshell : What
business case does UDDI
support? I don't really know about OASIS policy
regarding UDDI, but that is
indeed something to think about ...

Web services seem to promote more on "application
integration" in lieu of "information integration" (see
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=1457).  While XML's
advantage is to provide a sharable data format lest
vendor lockin, application vendors seem to promote web
services in order to get us (the IT consumer) back
under their controls of the web.  I personally do not
see a good business case for the "discovery" features
of UDDI and WSDL at where I belong.

Regards,

Scott