Subject: Re: [tm-pubsubj-comment] Baltimore minutes

*Steve

> Instead of "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso639/#NOR"; we proposed
> going with "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/639/#NOR";. Note the extra
> slash between "iso" and "639", which means that the publisher on
> whose behalf we are publishing this and other PSI sets - in this
> case ISO - is represented by a directory.

That I indeed got wrong. I had understood that there were reasons *not* to want that extra
slash, because of unwanted interpretation of semantics of http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/.
See below.

> Did we change "#NOR" back to "#nor"? I can't remember. Lars Marius
> was going to double check the text of the standard.

It seems to me that after several back-and-forth, we decided to keep NOR. Lars Marius?

> (2) Rest of section 5:
>
> We considered using "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/"; and
> "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/639/"; as PSIs for ISO and the ISO 639
> standard respectively, but didn't reach any conclusion. Note that we
> do actually need PSIs for these subjects in order to express formal
> metadata such as "published-by" and "based-on" - so we can't duck the
> issue by saying it's not our job.

Agreed. But using the directory URLs for that purpose seems confusing.

> I believe we also considered using "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/639/";
> as the PSI for the PSI set itself (as per ex2).

Yes. And I thought we had a sort of agreement that it should become a general recommended
practice.
Did I get it wrong?

> That would of course
> conflict with its possible use for ISO 639 (the standard, as opposed
> to the PSI set). Perhaps the standard should have the PSI
> "http://psi.oasis-open.org/iso/#639/";? That way all PSIs for ISO
> standards that we translate will be in the same resource. Nice and
> tidy.

I buy that. As simple and explicit as can be.

> I do not recall discussing the PSI "http://psi.oasis-open.org/"; and
> see no need for it myself, at least not yet, so ex1 should go away.

OK to get rid of it in the minutes, since it was not really discussed. But the need to
settle it was evoked briefly. If we set as a general practice that in a "psi namespace",
any URL could be used as a PSI, it is likely that some will use the top URL itself. So
we've better explicit ourselves its semantics than let other interpret it, in so many
ways.

Bernard