Subject: [tm-pubsubj] Introduction

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for asking for an introduction. I am a documentation expert and
technical editor, currently supporting the EDMS system in Schlumberger K.
K., Japan in Oilfield Services. I  promote the use of structured
documentation, introduce new technologies to management, and work on alpha,
beta tests, etc. I enjoy working on DTD development the most and have been
studying the W3c schema. I also have an interest in classification and
management of information. I was previously a research biochemist and
technical editor in the pharmaceutical industry.

I haven't stopped thinking about Topic Maps since the Extreme Markup
Languages conference and I think that the committee work is important.

I do not know if I can attend your meetings because of the time differences
and distance from meeting locations. If the conference calls are not too
late in the evening for me, then maybe it would be possible. I have not
used Topic Maps in my work so I do not know what I could bring to the
table, except for doing some research on standards for content and
structure and possibly work with representatives in the petroleum industry
to push the recommendations.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary Y. Nishikawa, Technical Editor & EDMS Support
XML Evangelist
Technique/ InTouch Documentation
Schlumberger K. K.
2-2-1 Fuchinobe