Subject: [tm-pubsubj] Review process (Re: Deliverable 1 review ...)

Lars Marius

> Bernard, this email was very difficult to reply to.

I acknowledge my post was heavy to swallow. Sorry about that.
Let's split the debate into as many parts as necessary from now on.
This is the first part. I'll focus in this message on the review process,
and let's deal with other aspects in separate threads.

> It would have helped if you had confined it to the requirements.
> As it is now it was a major effort to reply to all of it at once, especially
because of
> all the interconnections between the three different parts.

The interconnections are why I posted them all at once. We had somehow agreed in
Orlando on the requirements for deliverable 1, including clarification of
vocabulary we have tried to set. The minutes of Orlando, and first version of
draft requirements have been posted on the TC Web on December 18, and this has
been announced on the list on the same day.
See http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/requirements_def.htm
Basically, this draft has been made out of Steve Pepper's notes during the
meeting, that I keep in case of debate on the rewording.

> BTW, why not do this by updating drafts of the relevant documents on
> the tm-pubsubj web site, rather than by putting everything into emails
> which it then gets hard to keep track of? That way everyone can agree
> on what the current state of the documents is at any given time.

The above document (requirements_def) is explicitly a draft for review. There
had been no feedback about it before yours, and that's why I wanted to push a
little further the debate before modifying anything. Posting provisional
definitions - there again based on what we have tried to establish in Orlando -
seemed to me a necessary clarification of what we were about in the
requirements, mainly for those who were not there. I did not want to change
anything to the draft on the web before this clarification. And judging by our
different understanding of terms, sure clarification is needed. See other
thread.

The draft deliverable I'm working on.
As said before, I should (I shall?) deliver it before the end of next week. I
did not want to post anything on the Web before having something substantial and
consistent, and wanted to have some exchanges about it before.

The status of various documents has been and will be available from:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/docs/index.htm

Anything wrong in this process?