Subject: Re: Charter

I have stated, for the record, that I am very interested in doing XML TM
work, including development
of implementation.

Open Text has already started doing developmental things with TM, based on
the ISO spec and the email traffic regarding the
TM mailing list and our TM egroup site. Once there is a publicly available
repository/vocabulary through topicmaps.org auspices
then I will point at it, happily.

so fas as the charter goes, I am happy enough with it as it is. 3.6.6 has a
typo, snd should likely be and.

the charter does not make clear who may access the repository discussed in
the washington meeting, nor when they may do so.
 there are already people starting to poke my shoulder asking when can they
see the initial vocabulary and repository site.

regarding the url, since many web folk have a serious need to have ALL URLs
completely lower case, esp the .org part,
I strongly recommend that the official URL be declared to be topicmaps.org.
else we'll get into trouble.

looking forward to more topic maps interaction with the group
David Dodds
Open Text Corporation

(for what its worth. our company product line has 10's of thousands of
users. If I can
get Topic Maps (technology) as an interface / navigation aid on our LiveLink
series of product there would be substantial benefit, the least of which
would be exposure of it to the world. This is one of the reasons that I
joined the topic maps working group)