Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Re: Charter: Participating Member conditions

(Most of my thoughts on this... topic... Why is there no XTM email?...
are in a response to Patrick.)

[steve writes]
> "one economic interest, one vote"

Works for me.

[hans writes]
> > 	Do we have to attend the next two meetings to be considered
> > 	for Participating Membership or could we ask for Participating
> > 	Membership immediately?

[steve writes]

[various options snipped]

Actually, what I think STEP is asking for is Founding Member status.
Wouldn't that solve the problem of recognizing STEP's contributions
even though they weren't at the last two meetings?

[steve writes]
> I must tell you that, in my own personal view, it is unbecoming for
> STEP to take the position that it should be exempted from
> responsibility to participate in meetings, just as the founders
> already have, before becoming a Participating Member.

Steve, BE TEMPERATE!!!!! -- much as I agree with the logic. It wasn't
clear to me either how to become a founding member.

[steve writes]
> Because progress requires continuous involvement by specific persons.

Works for me.

S.

=====
<? "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
    -- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations ?>