Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Charter: Participating Member conditions

Sam,

{Sam Hunting wrote:}

> [ patrick writes]
>

> > most discussion on this list seems to take all the provisions
> > so literally.
>
> For me, this is so (a) because I too am paranoid (We need a "Proud
> paranoids for Topic Maps" bumper sticker); (b) I've done a lot of legal
> DTD work; (3) culturally, SGML is all about finding the exact right
> words...

(a) I guess put me down for at least 2 (one for each personality) ;-), (b)
I practiced law for ten years but can still function in a non-zero sum
environment, (c) SGML is not culturally about "finding the exact right
words..." There is a difference between valid structure and sensible
content. SGML parsers can inform the former, not the latter. (I think we
are discussing content that will help direct the activities of ambigious
and sometimes inconsistent critters.)

Cheers!

Patrick

--