Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Re: Next meeting: June 8-9 in Paris

Bryan,

> I am planning to attend this meeting as well (I've had plane
> reseverations for a few months now -- basically since I missed the
> meeting in California).  I am interesting in becoming a member of the
> XTM organization and plan to attend subsequent meetings as well.

Good.

> I will be representing a startup whose business plan involves a
> mixture of a technology perspective and a content perspective, so I am
> not sure how that will be handled under the guidelines....  We see
> semantic markup, and hence topic maps, as central to our business
> model.  That model includes both developing (mainly open source)
> software for communities that apply semantic markup, and in providing
> those online communities (and in providing business services related
> to such communities).
>
> - Is there any information that you, or other members of this group,
> would like from me before the meeting?

Thanks for your introduction to the members of the group. If you want
to add something or have specific questions, you may send them to the
mailing list.

> - I would appreciate a pointer to the most current guidelines for the
> group that is being formed.

The minutes of the previous meetings are available at
http://www.egroups.com/files/xtm-wg/

> - I would also appreciate the detailed information for the meeting and
> the agenda as soon as those become available.

Yes, we are going to work on it soon and will send information to this
list as soon as we'll be ready.

> I find topic maps and semantic markup an extremely exciting
> development.  I look forward to meeting you all in person soon.

Face-to-face meetings are irreplaceable for building contacts.

Best,

Michel
Michel Biezunski, Infoloom
1 boulevard du Temple, 75003 Paris, France
Tel +33 1 44 59 84 29 Cell +33 6 03 99 25 29
Fax +33 1 47 50 90 33 Email: mb@infoloom.com
Web: www.infoloom.com

Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!