Subject: [xtm-wg] Questions about the Charter

I'm looking forward to the meeting in Paris in June and
would like it to be as efficient and productive as possible.

I'd like therefore to get a few questions about the Charter
aired and cleared up beforehand.

(1) Name of the specification
There was a proposal some time back about keeping the TLA as
the name of the specification ("XTM Specification") and using
"TopicMaps.Org" just as the name of the organization. At the
time there were only positive comments to this proposal. Can
we amend the draft Charter accordingly?

(2) Founding members
In order to bootstrap the organization, and to offset the fact
that all meetings up until the next one in Paris were held in
the US, there was an idea to have special provisions for
founding members. As far as I can see, no formal proposal was
ever codified. Can we do that before the meeting, in order to
save discussion time there? My proposal would be that anyway
who has attended *any* two meetings up to and including Paris
should qualify as a (potential) Participating Member.

(3) "Co-chairs" and "Editors"
The terms co-chairs and editors are introduced in 5.1.4 without
any explanation as to how they are appointed. This should be
rectified.

(4) Role of OASIS
I would like to hear something about the proposed role of OASIS
in TopicMaps.Org. At one time the intention was that this should
be a joint project of IDEAlliance and OASIS, but only IDEAlliance
is mentioned in the Charter. What is the current status of the
discussions? My personal opinion is that it would be advantageous
to have both organizations involved.

(5) One PM per "organization"
Do we need to define the term "organization" as used in 3.5.2 in
order to avoid interpretation problems later on?

(6) Typo ("snd") in 3.6.6

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, STEP Infotek AS (+47 908 27246)

Porsche Boxter. You and a friend. Nine dream days from
Napa Valley to Beverly Hills. Provided by CarsDirect.com.
Click to enter.