Subject: [xtm-wg] Re: Next XTM WG Meeting(s)

I am with Sam here.  We should be able to have meetings which are not
committies of the whole in which specific technical work is done.  The
current modeling group is an example of that.

I would be interested to see a specific agenda proposing technical
issues to be tackled in Montreal.  Perhaps with a specific proposal in
hand, the XTM authoring group can vote to empower a subgroup to meet
and bring back specific recommendations on those issues.

One of the difficulties such a proposal will face is that there seemed
to be consensus at the Paris meeting that the first step was to codify
the formal model implicit in the ISO specification.

I know that Steve has a list of technical issues which he believes
should be addressed by the XTM authoring group.  Perhaps some of these
might form the basis for such an agenda?

-bryan thompson

--- In xtm-wg@egroups.com, Sam Hunting <sam_hunting@y...> wrote:
> > And while I understand some of our member's desires to hold a
meeting
> > in Montreal (which I fully understood when they were stated in
> > Paris),
> > if this meeting were not an official XTM meeting and many of us
were
> > *not* there (including perhaps the chairs), I think it
inappropriate
> > (and unfair) for some unofficial group to be conducting
face-to-face
> > XTM work in absence of an official quorum where we can all take
part.
> > This would not promote the continuing feeling of this being a
team
> > effort, which I think we all recognize as an extremely important
part
> > of this activity.
>
> Could a(n officially constituted( XTM subcommittee meet in Montreal?
> agree with the stricture on unofficial group. However, preparing the
> specification quickly is also a concern. Times and places where many
> committee members are in one place are a precious resource....
>
> S.
>
> =====
> <? "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
>     -- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations ?>

> http://mail.yahoo.com/

Add the interactive dimension to your web pages.
Use the MozquitoTM Factory with your editor and form the web today!
Form the Web today - visit: