Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Grandfathered Public Topics [Was: lazy processing... ]

>but we need some real basic stuff like simple logical expressions.

Following some postings to the list, I had (a revelation) and an off-list
discussion with Steve N and Michel about this. Topic Maps (ISO 13250)
deliberately omit any logical stuff (e.g. operators and quantifiers,
disjunction types, term equivalence and substitution rules, etc.) from the
specification. This is because a Topic Map can (if you want) present a set
of denotations needed for the terms of a set of logical expressions in
whatever format/syntax those are expressed. That way it provides a resource
to existing syntaxes for logical expressions like Knowledge Interchange
Format without reinventing the wheel. Clever, eh?
(I nearly fried my brain when I spotted that one.)

best,
Peter