Subject: [xtm-wg] Brief report from the Montreal meeting

To the members of TopicMaps.org:

Before we send the minutes to the web, let me summarize the
most important points that were discussed at the Montreal meeting:

We have formed 3 subgroups:
- the conceptual modeling subgroup (CMS)
- the interchange syntax subgroup (ISS)
- the use cases subgroup(UCS)

These three subgroups should provide what they plan as deliverables
within the next week 1/2.

We have decided to have a version 1.0 of the XTM spec ready for
the beginning of December 2000 at the time of the XML 2000 conference.

Our next meetings are scheduled as follows:
- London, 13-15th October
- Dallas, 10-12th November<br>
These meetings are 3 days, considering the amount of work to be done,
and will be organized as 1/2 plenary, 2 day subgroup, 1/2 plenary.

These are the most critical points I wanted to send now before we
finish to polish the text of the minutes.

I am sure I have left other important points behind. Wait for the minutes
for more complete report.

Michel
Michel Biezunski, InfoLoom, Inc.
Tel +33 1 44 59 84 29 Cell +33 6 03 99 25 29
Email: mb@infoloom.com  Web: www.infoloom.com