Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Knowledge management/Ontology Resources

Thanks for your pointers, Patrick. Those are very useful.
Also note that recently ontologies and ontological engineering
have begun to affect the commercial world, witness my group
at VerticalNet. We do not yet have a publically accessible
site, but believe me, both ontologies, ontological engineering,
and topic maps are treated quite seriously here.

Regards,
Leo

_______________________________________
Dr. Leo Obrst, Director, Ontological Engineering
VerticalNet, 650 Dresher Rd., Horsham, PA 19044
Phone: 215-315-4065  Fax: 215-657-6184  Cell: 215-669-3669
Email: lobrst@vertical.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Durusau [mailto:pdurusau@emory.edu]
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2000 4:23 PM
To: xtm-wg@egroups.com

Greetings,

I tried to follow the link for the Knowledge Management Consortium
International, www.kmci.org, that Andrius mentioned in his earlier post. I
got mainly blank pages when I tried to follow links off the resource page. I
have posted a note to the webmaster and by searching for the discussion list
mentioned by Andrius (standard-upper-ontology@ieee.org  and
onto-std@KSL.Stanford.EDU) I did find the following resource that may be of
interest.

Some Ongoing KBS/Ontology Projects and Groups
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mfkb/related.html

You may also be interested in some of the projects at the Knowledge-Based
Systems Group homepage, http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mfkb/ (sponsor of the
link page mentioned above).

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
immediately.

Apply NOW!