Subject: [xtm-wg] XTM Logo and Marketing issues

At the end of the last XTM meeting, I have shown a project of a title page
for the topic-mapped GCA conference proceedings, done by InfoLoom for GCA,
with the XTM logo on it.

This page is not on the Web and was shown for the purpose of information (if
the XTM
logo would be used, this would be an example of it.) Since I didn't explain
it clearly enough
it gave the impression of "fait accompli", while it was not. Some of you
have expressed concern about it. I understand it, and I regret not to have
been more explicit about the nature of what I was showing. I personally
think  the logo should not be used before we decide what are the conditions
to fill to become a sponsor, etc. Therefore, this page using the XTM logo
will not be put on the Web.

I propose that at the next meeting we discuss whether we want a marketing
subgroup which would have the same status as the other subgroups or to set
up rules for using the logo. For example, it makes sense to me to use the
XTM logo for promoting the XTM activity at the special interest day during
the XML 2000 conference.

Michel
Michel Biezunski, InfoLoom, Inc.
Tel +33 1 44 59 84 29 Cell +33 6 03 99 25 29
Email: mb@infoloom.com  Web: www.infoloom.com

Apply NOW!