Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] [xtm-iss] Materials

Apply NOW!

Comments reading the materials:

This is likely a naive question, but the ISS paper on deliverables notes two
namespaces: xlink and topicmap.  We allow xpath in addressing and my read on
xpath http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath suggests that it brings along with it
namespace issues. Is xpath itself a namespace?

Interesting thought: asking ISO 13250 to stay up with XTM :-)

Regarding HyTime notes under Design decision: Miscellaneous, I must ask just
how forward-looking XTM should be.  I raise this point given my
understanding that we are not all that far from doing major chunks of HyTime
with XML; my hunch is that XTM ought to "be there when the coast arrives"
(old California earthquake joke).

On public subjects and identity, I must ask if public subjects take on the
semantics associated with inheritance.  If so, multiple identity links would
imply multiple inheritance, n'est-ce pas?

I did not see the white paper on using XSLT to transform TMs to SVG.  Does
it exist?  I got from the Xtreme 2000 that it is possible to imbed TMs
inside SVG, meaning that one need not do a post-hoc transform.  The TM DTD
does not make room for the necessary information for any kind of graphical
presentation, so imbeding makes more sense.  Here, I am refering to the open
source project to be included with the book.  When a graphically-generated
XTM object is serialized, the serialization process starts with SVG,
imbedding the XTM stuff inside (at least, that's the way I plan to code it
up).  No layout information is lost.

Just my 0.02 Euros for now.
Jack

From: Michel Biezunski <mb@infoloom.com>

> I am expecting comments from members of the group in the next days, so
that
> we
> can submit a proposal for deliverables to the Authoring Group.
>
> Michel

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
immediately.