Subject: [xtm-wg] IEEE Ontology project site

Need a wireless job?  Look here.

Ann Wrightson recently mentioned an Italian research group working on
ontologies (http://www.ladseb.pd.cnr.it/infor/ontology/ontology.html).

Just by chance, I simultaneously received a message about an IEEE group
starting work on a "Standard Upper Ontology"
(http://ltsc.ieee.org/suo/index.html; it's also referred to on the Italian
site). The IEEE group is looking for techniques to represent their ontology,
so I mentioned XTM to their organizer and suggested that he look at the
xtm-wg site.

Jim Mason

James David Mason, Ph.D.

(Chairman ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34)