Subject: [xtm-wg] XTM-ISS anchrole & occrl

Note 44 under Association Role in the ISO standard states:
"...the use of a topic, referenced by the type attribute, to
characterize the association role offers far more flexibility and
representational power than the simple mnemonic naming facility offered
by the anchrole attribute or generic identifier."
So I am wondering why Michel's DTD comment: "anchrole forgotten, but
it's the most important attribute here. It's implied in ISO, but should
be required here."
Why should anchrole be required when types is only implied, since it
seems to have less power than types?
Also why is occrl which seems to have the same status as anchrole
omitted from the occurs element in the XTM DTD?

XLink already has role and title attributes which could be used in this
situation and serve the same function, so I would actually propose
replacing both anchrole and occrl with either xlink:role or xlink:title.
Xlink:role needs to be a URI but xlink:title can be any CDATA though it
is meant to be human-readable. I'm not sure if anchrole and occrl are
meant to be human-readable. Anyway it would be great to include these in
XTM as it would flow through very well to XLink.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Regards
-- Philip

Philip Rutherford               E-mail: philipr@weborganic.com
Weborganic Systems Pty. Ltd.         http://www.weborganic.com
"working together on the web"
Level 10, 91 York St, Sydney 2000, Australia.
Tel: +61 2 9262 4777
Fax: +61 2 9262 4774

No blistered feet. No crowd. No travel. Intraware invites you to attend
a virtual tradeshow: Ensuring Scalable and Secure E-Business Systems.