Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Re: call for HELP with MARKETING XTM

Here are the notes from the lunchen from Montreal when we outlined what the
Topic Map day might look like.  If we can use this as a starting point, then
perhaps we can get volunteers to fill the positions.  The sooner we can get
some consensus on the program, the sooner I can get it posted on the XML 2000
Web site and we can get marketing it.

I think Steve's paper is an excellent introduction to Topic Maps.   As you
can see from the agenda, those interesting in marketing XTM that met at the
BOF lunch thought that most people who come to the special interest day
either already know about topic maps or will have taken a tutorial on the day
before the special interest day (there are several).  Steve, is your paper
longer than 30 minutes?

Here is the agenda from my notes:   -- Dianne

*************************
XML Topic Maps Special Interest Day
"Topic Maps In Action"

Chair Persons:  Steve Newcomb and Michel Biezunski

9:00 am:  What are Topic Maps (Brief Overview)

9:30 am  Introducing XTM Version 1.0
               Overview of the XTM Standard
               How the XTM Standard differs from ISO 13250

10:30 Break

11:00 am
               XTM Issues for the Future
        XTM Version 2.0 and beyond
12:00 pm
                XTM Implementations on the Web Today (quick overview of where
we can find topic maps on the web)

12:30 pm  Lunch

2:00 pm
                Overview of Topic Maps Tools on the Market
                Here we could schedule a series of short vendor overviews of
Topic Maps Tools that will lead into the XTM interoperability demonstrations
2:45 pm
                XTM Interoperability Demonstration
3:30 pm  Break
4:00 pm:  XTM "Science Fair"
               (here we have the room set with desktop demonstrations by
vendors.  There will be no charge to display technology, only requirement
would be to book space so that we have enough room for all vendors)

5:30 pm:  XTM Network Reception (here is an opportunity to get people to join
the XTM activity either as a participant or as part of the network of
Interest)  We would look for sponsors to fund this activity)

as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no annual fee!
Apply NOW!