Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Re: call for HELP with MARKETING XTM

Hi,

STEP will participate in:

-	Overview of Topic Maps Tools on the Market
	(we have to figure out how many minutes
	each vendor has)
-	XTM Interoperability Demonstration
-	XTM "Science Fair"

Furthermore, I offer to talk about the hot issue

	"XTM and Knowledge Management"

either in the "XTM Issues for the Future" or
"XTM Version 2.0 and beyond" session. 15-30
minutes would be fine.

--Holger

sgmldk@aol.com wrote:
> ...snip...
> *************************
> XML Topic Maps Special Interest Day
> "Topic Maps In Action"
>
> Chair Persons:  Steve Newcomb and Michel Biezunski
>
> 9:00 am:  What are Topic Maps (Brief Overview)
>
> 9:30 am  Introducing XTM Version 1.0
>                Overview of the XTM Standard
>                How the XTM Standard differs from ISO 13250
>
> 10:30 Break
>
> 11:00 am
>                XTM Issues for the Future
>         XTM Version 2.0 and beyond
> 12:00 pm
>                 XTM Implementations on the Web Today (quick overview of where
> we can find topic maps on the web)
>
> 12:30 pm  Lunch
>
> 2:00 pm
>                 Overview of Topic Maps Tools on the Market
>                 Here we could schedule a series of short vendor overviews of
> Topic Maps Tools that will lead into the XTM interoperability demonstrations
> 2:45 pm
>                 XTM Interoperability Demonstration
> 3:30 pm  Break
> 4:00 pm:  XTM "Science Fair"
>                (here we have the room set with desktop demonstrations by
> vendors.  There will be no charge to display technology, only requirement
> would be to book space so that we have enough room for all vendors)
>
> 5:30 pm:  XTM Network Reception (here is an opportunity to get people to join
> the XTM activity either as a participant or as part of the network of
> Interest)  We would look for sponsors to fund this activity)

Hans Holger Rath <hhr@step.de>
STEP Electronic Publishing Solutions GmbH
Technologiepark, Pav. 7, 97222 Rimpar, Germany
http://www.step.de/ -- mobile: +49.172.66.90.427
phone: +49.9365.8062.63 -- fax: +49.9365.8062.66

Dial 1-800-555-TELL -- You Won't Believe Your Ears!
For more details, click here: