Subject: [xtm-wg] "New faces"

Sorry for the delayed response to this mail--

[jean writes]
> > I will be present at the meeting (we might arrive at twelve the
> > first day).  If the group accept an invited guest, I will come with
> > Pascal Auillans, PHD student from Bordeaux University working with
> > Mondeca.

[steve writes]
> Under the rules, we have to vote on this before he can be allowed to
> attend.  I vote "no".  This is not a training exercise, and we are
> systematically excluding new faces until after the 1.0 release, as
> the minutes of the last meeting indicate.
Actually,  the "new faces" excluded are participating members, not invited guests. (From the minutes: "Consideration of applications for Participating Membership will be deferred until after December 2000")

I for one can see that Pacal's graph expertise might be valuable, particularly in relation to our discussions of RDF. (Is RDF truly isomorphic with XTM and if not, what are the implications for expressiveness?

After all, if Pascal becomes obstreperous, a chair can always order his suppression (a la Alice in Wonderland).

I realize we're trying to keep the group tight and focussed, but  that's why there's provision for voting in 3.6.3.

S.