Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] Results of the Swindon meeting

[Steve Pepper:]
> ... I
> would like to encourage Michel to get his draft minutes circulated,

We're currently working on them frantically.  Rather than holding them
all up until they're all done, and considering the fact that they are
necessarily in several topical modules, I'm going to post what we've
got in sections, one section per topic, so any revisions can be made
in a separate thread per topic.  (Excuse the expression "topic".  I
meant it in the usual English-language sense.)

> * The issue of whether *all* references to topics (including typing,
>   scoping, etc.) should be xlinks, or only associations and occurrences
>   as in the current draft.
>   -> Someone who feels strongly that they should all be xlinks (Murray?)
>      ought to post a specific proposal and a justification.

Michel has had an interesting insight into how to handle this question
in such a way as to meet all (or at least most) of the conflicting
requirements that were discussed at the meeting about this XLink
business.  I'm encouraged to think maybe we can have our cake, and eat
it, and wind up with more cake than we started with.  He's having some
time-management issues these days, so we may have to wait a couple of
days for his write-up of his suggestions.

> * The consequences of having killed off facets...
>   -> Related to the discussion about RDF and the conceptual model:
>      who wants to start the ball rolling?

One of the Minutes Modules I'm sending you all relates to this.

> * Finalize the proposal for PSIs, including the URN issue.
>   -> Murray A. is responsible for chairing this subgroup. Steve N.
>      and Daniel will be key contributors.

I think Murray handed that dubious honor to me.

> * Getting marketing activities underway.
>   -> See next message.

One of the Minutes Modules I'm sending you relates to this.  Gird your
loins; here they come.

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant
srn@coolheads.com

voice: +1 972 359 8160
fax:   +1 972 359 0270

405 Flagler Court
Allen, Texas 75013-2821 USA

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"