Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Merging proposals uploaded

[kal writes]
> 3) A proposal for handling xtmdoc. ... [T]here is also a need for
> ensuring that the packaging and unpackaging can actually be done
> simply. ... BTW, I feel that packaging tms is a really weak argument
> considering that the merging and scoping mechanisms can be trivially
> combined to do tm packaging

Packaging into xtmdoc is wicked simple, because it could be done with
an XML editor, or even a text editor. One could, of course, use the
usual entity mechanisms.

Contrariwise, packaging TM with a scoping and merging mechanism is not
wicked simple, because it cannot be done with an XML editor or text
editor.

Alternatively, I'm missing some subtle point obvious to all but me.

S.

=====
<? "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
    -- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations ?>

http://im.yahoo.com/

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"