Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] An way to avoid id clashes (WAS: Merging proposals u ploaded)

There is still the syntactic problem of all of those topic map objects
having ID attributes, which *must be unique* in the xtmdoc document. Or do
we now have not only a wrapper element but a complete change of the -id-
attribute to CDATA.

The namespacing idea works nicely for the problem of readdressing the
topicmap elements, but doesn't solve ID attribute value clashes. I'm
concentrating on the syntactic here I know, but I haven't seen a suggestion
on how this syntactic constraint be satisfied.

Any takers ?

Kal