Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] The Nature of Things...

Dear Jack,

I do not mean the "framework" I present (mostly other peoples ideas
collected into one place) to be reductionist. I agree fully with you that
the way things are built up is of critical importance. Hence the section
which is about "organisational levels". However, you need to identify the
parts before you can try to explain how they fit together.

I am also aware of other viewpoints, Armstrong's in particular. However, in
general I have found that the approach I have gravitated to is able to
explain other viewponts, rather as general relativity can explain the
Newtonian view of gravity.

I am always open to challenge on specific points. I might learn something.

Regards
      Matthew
Matthew West
Operations & Asset Management
Shell Services International
H3229, Shell Centre, London, SE1 7NA, UK.
Tel: +44 207 934 4490 Fax: 7929
Mobile: +44 7796 336538
E-mail: Matthew.R.West@is.shell.com
http://www.shellservices.com/