Subject: grove plans (off-topic; was: Re: [xtm-wg] Does processing a TM yield one graph, or several?)

--- In xtm-wg@egroups.com, "Steven R. Newcomb" <srn@c...> wrote:
> [Steve Newcomb:]
> [good stuff snipped]
> We can all see this "Do we need the <xtm> container element?"
> discussion coming.  There is a perception of a real requirements
> conflict here.  To my way of thinking, however, the advantages of
> having the <xtm> container element far outweigh the disadvantage
> (which seems to me to amount, in toto, to a really insignificant
> amount of extra complexity).  But that's just my opinion, and I have
> just one vote.
>
> -Steve

[pj] i second that (Steve, can I borrow your other arm by proxy for
this vote).

can i add that I don't think it is enough to think of this problem in
purely technical terms.

i am going to be really explicit here. as i see it, topic maps (and
the data structures and information that they contain) will be seen
as intellectual property. if your TM server can't distinguish between
the IP of different TM providers before, during, and after
processing, in interchange format or processed graph or whatever...

i don't care how you truly brainy techies do it, please do this bit
well.

end of plea.

eLerts